Eurofinas, the European Federation of Finance House Associations, is the voice of the specialised consumer credit providers in Europe.
Its members are essentially finance houses, specialised banks, captive finance companies for cars, equipment, etc. manufacturers and universal banks.
It is estimated that together Eurofinas members financed over 328 billion euros worth of new loans in 2011 with outstandings reaching 821 billion euros at the end of the year. Companies represented through Eurofinas employ some 93,000 individuals.
Eurofinas is composed of 17 members in 17 countries. The countries represented are:
Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Lithuania, Morocco, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
The mission of Eurofinas is to represent and promote the interests of its members at European level as the natural voice of the specialized consumer credit providers in Europe.
To achieve this, Eurofinas:
- represents the specialized consumer credit industry vis-à -vis the European institutions and other international bodies as a fair and reliable partner and a contact point for key stakeholders;
- informs its members of all European and/or international developments that may impact their industry;
- develops and defends industry positions that are supported by technical research and expertise;
- produces detailed statistics on consumer credit in order to i) explain who the Federation represents and its importance in the economy and ii) assess the current state of the market, identify trends and facilitate benchmarking;
- provides its members with a platform to (i) exchange views and best practices; (ii) network and (iii) meet relevant third parties (EU officials, experts, etc).
Address: Boulevard Louis Schmidt 87 b.3 at 1040 Etterbeek (Brussels, Belgium)
RPM Bruxelles - TVA BE 0408.299.625